In this BimTube Podcast we speak to Mark Edwards Head of Sustainability at Gatwick Airport, London. Mark shares what Sustainability is, how aspects of it can be measured and improved, such as carbon, when enabled by aspects such as; 'Better Information Management', clarity of purpose, outcomes monitoring, improvements in client capability and good communications.
Do you have a idea for a future theme for a BimTube Podcast? Then do contact Steven with your idea and who you think would be a good podcast guest for which theme: https://bit.ly/3C9nRq9
Visit our web pages to watch our podcasts: https://www.bim.tube/
- What is Sustainability? In 1987, the United Nations Brundtland Commission defined sustainability as “meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” https://www.un.org/en/academic-impact...
- Three pillars of sustainable development — economic, social and environmental: https://bit.ly/3PWvaVV
- Triple Bottom Line (social, environmental - or ecological - and financial reporting): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_...
- Circular Economy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circula...
- The Ellen MacArthur Foundation works to accelerate the transition to a circular economy:
We want to build everyone’s digital knowledge with content and conversations to inspire and instigate 'Better Information Management' to enable - better decisions, better infrastructure, better services and better outcomes for our social, economic and environmental infrastructure.
More podcasts: http://bim.tube